Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is the University of Texas at Dallas a good school?


Is the University of Texas at Dallas a good school?
I am a UTD student and a relative of mines goes to Cornell University and I saw that Cornell is like a really high top rank university. UTD is like a new school it was founded in 1969, I know top ranked universities were made like in the 1700s, but I really want to know if UTD can be a top ranked univeristy like a school that is really really known and stuff. I know the best school in Texas is UT at Austin but can or is UTD a really good top ranked school or really known? UTD is kindof new b/c they just made a dining hall and a residence hall there last year and built apartments there a few years ago. I think because it is a young school it is not a really known school, but I don't know. for ppl who are trying to make me look stupid, I already post this in higher education.
Dallas - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
so you ask in travel and not higher education? utd is the place for you. you don't need help.


2
The funny thing is once you get out in the real world most employers don't care where you went to college. I've never been asked in any interview about the university I went to or even what I majored in. They just care that you have a degree. UTD is a good school. Your relative just wants to feel secure with the $90,000+ in student loans they'll have to pay off when they graduate. Cornell was founded in 1865. Caltech, Cal Berkeley, Pepperdine, Harvey Mudd, USC, UCLA and all the top tier West Coast universities were mostly created in the late 1800's, early 1900's. The best school in Texas is Rice University as much as it pains me to say that. They have top notch math and engineering programs. Top ranked colleges get that distinction because of many things. How many Nobel prize winners went there or teach there, how many doctoral programs they offer, how picky they are with admissions, endowment, research grants, important discoveries, etc, etc. That stuff does take time to acquire.


3
Your question doesn't sound like it was written by a college student. No, UTD is not a top ranked, well known school, and it will never compare to Cornell, but there's nothing wrong with UTD and the tuition is certainly a lot less.

Popular Posts