Thursday, December 2, 2010

I am looking for a deaf school in the Dallas Texas metro area?


I am looking for a deaf school in the Dallas Texas metro area?
my child is a five year old, who is deaf. He is currently enrolled in the Arkansas Scool For The Deaf in Little Rock Ar. I have moved to Dallas and I hope to find him a school so he can be home with me every night. The scool in Little Rock is so awesome, but I need him to be with his family.
Primary & Secondary Education - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I found this site that lists schools with programs. I don't think that these are deaf-only day schools, but each one has a different program. If you want him to go on an oral path (which I'm guessing you aren't pushing since he was at a residential school), then you could send him to Sudie Williams. If you want total communication, but inclusion, go with Herbert Marcus. Stonewall Jackson Elementary has a total communication, self-contained system (which is probably the closest to what you are looking for). I don't have any information other than this, but I hope this helps.

Popular Posts