Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm moving to Dallas, Texas soon & I need to find a high school?


I'm moving to Dallas, Texas soon & I need to find a high school?
In a few months I'll be moving to Texas & I need to find a high school to finish 12 grade. I'm looking for a school in the Grapevine, Dallas/Fort Worth area. I'm going to have a car so I don't mind the distance. I'm kind of a free spirit so I'm looking for a school that doesn't require school uniforms, also I have my hair dyed different colors. Any suggestions? Anything near the airport.
Dallas - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
When you move you will find out what school district you will be in and what high school is in your area. The school districts require you to go to the school in your area unless they have it to where you can choose your school in that district. If they allow there residents to choose the school like in arlington you have to wait in a line on a certain day and other districts have it to where you apply to the school in a certain time frame and they can reject you. Most private schools are not big upon free spirits. School is out here at the end of may or beginning of June so hopefully you will just be starting 12th grade.


2
DFW Airport is larger than the island of Manhattan so that doesn't help much. Several different towns border it. The other person gave a good answer. You go to high school in whatever school district you live in.


3
All of the school districts in the Metroplex will end the school year on or before June 4. If you aren't moving down here for a few more months then you must be referring to next school year which will start in late August. You don't say where you're living now. I know in NYC students can choose to go to any school, in any borough they want, but it's not like that here. You are assigned to go to a school according to your address. When you enroll you'll have to show a utility bill or lease to prove you live there. If you'd like to go to another school in your city, and there is room there, you'll be allowed to transfer to it. However, you can't go to a school in another city. None of the public high schools require uniforms, like a lot of the elementary & middle schools do, but they do have dress codes concerning bare midriffs, length of shorts, sagging pants, pictures or words on T-shirts, and some consider multicolored hair or long hair on boys a distraction so it's not allowed either. I hope you'll be able to find a school that doesn't dampen your spirit too much so you can enjoy your senior year.


4
carrollton texas newman smith school

Popular Posts